The Golden rules for selling more with the Salesforce Sales Cloud
Over the past two decades, Salesforce has changed the way businesses operate and grow to such an extent that it is now the most recognised CRM platform that brings customers and businesses together, operating for more than 150,000 companies worldwide.
Salesforce started out focused on being a CRM (Customer Relationship Management), that is to say, oriented towards customer and business process management. However, its evolution has been of such magnitude that it is much more than a simple CRM, incorporating different tools that provide all company departments with a unified vision of their customers on an integrated platform.
This is what has made Salesforce the number one CRM platform in the world. And it's all cloud-based, which basically means you can access it from any device with a simple login, as long as you have an internet connection.
Through a series of articles, we will discover in this Izertis blog the different solutions that make up the Salesforce platform: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Experience Cloud, Commerce Cloud, etc.
Salesforce is a CRM system made up of powerful solutions that help put the customer at the centre of everything a company does. As a starting point, this first post will be dedicated to unpacking the key features and benefits of the Salesforce Sales Cloud, as well as how you can accelerate sales transformation with some golden rules to optimise your use of the Salesforce Cloud.
Salesforce Sales Cloud: definition and key features
The Sales Cloud is the platform for managing the entire sales process, from the first contact to the final close of the sale, with the added potential of combining data visualisation, workflow tools and integrated Artificial Intelligence (AI).
And this is possible thanks to the deployment of functionalities such as:
- The entry, qualification and conversion of prospects.
- The management of business opportunities and sales processes, where each opportunity is an ongoing negotiation, which can be tracked according to the reality and needs of each company. In addition, from the same opportunity file it is possible to add products, generate PDF budgets with a simple click, or execute sales estimates (forecasts), among other actions.
- The prediction of business revenue through AI.
- Customised reports and dashboards to analyse data and make decisions based on it.
- The use of internal communication tools and teamwork.
The use of these features also allows sales teams to have a 360° customer record within the Sales Cloud platform, giving them the power to have a complete view of their prospects and customers within Salesforce.
The benefits of implementing Sales Cloud.
With such a range of tools and functionalities, it is not difficult to assume that the Sales Cloud revolutionises the sales and customer service processes, providing companies with benefits such as:
- Facilitate the identification and acquisition of more leads and business opportunities.
- Enable anticipation of customer needs and desires by assessing recent customer behaviour, thanks to AI. This translates into improved customer satisfaction, increased loyalty and retention.
- Shortening the sales cycle. All of these great attributes of Sales Cloud give the sales force more time to focus on opportunities and develop better processes.
- Easily access information in Salesforce from anywhere, on any device.
- And with the sum of the above benefits, gain greater productivity.
The 'Golden Rules' for getting the most out of the Sales Cloud
In order to take advantage of the potential offered by the Sales Cloud, and to be able to maximise the benefits it can bring to any company, it is advisable to take into account what we consider to be "the golden rules" in the use of the Salesforce Sales Cloud, which are as follows:
1. Utilise the Customisation potential that the Sales Cloud offers
Every company is organised differently, which is why Salesforce offers such a high level of customisation and tailoring of its CRM, allowing it to adapt to each organisation and its needs.
2. Automate everything
Sales reps spend most of their day focused on selling more and better... and any facility they have to organise and perform their tasks is always welcome. And in this respect, Salesforce's Sales Cloud offers the ability to automate all the tasks and activities involved in the sales process, from lead assignment, manual data entry, quote management and report production, among other actions. This will help increase the efficiency of the sales workflow and approval processes.
3. "Smarter" the sales team with Einstein
Sales Cloud offers Sales Cloud Einstein, which uses Artificial Intelligence to decipher data and help make faster decisions to generate a lead pipeline. Einstein's lead scoring helps prioritise those most likely to convert. If the sales team needs specific sales tips, such information can be generated based on the history of completed sales cycles.
4. Connecting different information systems with Sales Cloud
Sales teams often use several applications created on different platforms to collect, store and share information. In this sense, it is advisable to connect these applications with the Sales cloud through integrations, so that all the information needed by the team can be centralised in a single place.
5. Educate and train CRM users
If you are going to implement a CRM with the capabilities and potential that Salesforce offers, it is certainly worth the investment in training the users who are going to use it.
6. Boosting productivity with Mobile
With Salesforce, sales teams don't have to be in the office or in front of their computers to manage their day-to-day business. With Salesforce apps, they can work seamlessly from any mobile device or tablet.
With Salesforce Sales Cloud, targeting the right customers at the right time becomes a fairly simple and easy process, giving companies more control over their sales processes. With this Salesforce application, organisations have the resources they need to build real customer relationships, with access to up-to-date data, advanced analytics and automation options, and valuable sales tools, all integrated with the entire Salesforce ecosystem.
If you would like to learn more about Salesforce Sales Cloud or any other Salesforce CRM solution, please request a Demo with us.