Izertis, a consolidated partner for digital transformation and change management in the pharmaceutical industry
Our company is considered one of the largest specialists in digital transformation processes after carrying out important Change Management processes for well-known firms belonging to the pharmaceutical industry. In this way, through the design of a correct and robust strategy, we have achieved the milestone of significant implementations of ERP tools in national and international clients.
In the case of the pharmaceutical industry that concerns us here, we have carried out the update of a key tool in the daily life of corporations, such as its ERP, and which is currently being used globally in more than 50 countries in one of our most significant clients. Through it, it is possible to automate business practices regarding the operational and / or productive aspects of the organization.
In the EMEA region, we have stakeholder data exceeding 2.500 users, representing a large percentage of the region's business volume. In this context, our client requested to provide accompanying support to its users in terms of communication and training.
Following this pattern, our firm incorporates a team specialized in Change Management to the structural team of the project, with a duration of approximately 18 months and, along with the Project Director, a participatory Change Management strategy is defined tailored to their specific needs.
This change management strategy normally focuses on 3 fundamental pillars:
- Achieve a correct 360º identification and management of the project stakeholders. In this activity, not only end users are considered, but also the leaders of the organization, whose teams would be affected by the project.
- Clearly define the recipients of the message and develop a detailed communication plan that allows all interested parties to feel part of the team so that they have the necessary information to face the challenges that the project presents.
- Develop a training plan that allows the training and qualification of a large number of people to be addressed simultaneously, and to follow up and monitor the activity.
With the execution of this change management strategy, a significant number of achievements have been achieved, among which the following stand out:
- A sense of belonging to the project was achieved by the users. Large groups of users decided to participate in several test instances to ensure a smooth transition to the new version of the system.
- It was achieved a position as a reference team for users, identifying ourselves as the first line of consultation regarding the ERP, and as a key link in the coordination with the corresponding functional experts.
- Great visibility was provided to the sponsors, creating dashboards that reflected the progress in training and the orderly distribution by service areas.
- A collaborative portal was created as a repository of training material for the entire EMEA region.
- The launch of the tool was achieved without any reported incident related to lack of training, inability to access the system or ignorance of the project.