Lantek Sheet Metal Solutions
Expansion of the Service Desk internationally
Lantek is a globally renowned software company specialising in the metalworking sector. Thanks to its commitment to innovation and internationalisation, it has become a prominent leader in its industry, experiencing rapid growth both nationally and internationally.
Their intelligent manufacturing suite allows for the connection of machines and systems, turning factories into Smart Factories. This technology has been the key to their success, and today they have over 30,000 customers in more than 100 countries.
Additionally, Lantek has a strong global presence, with 21 offices in 15 countries and a wide network of distributors worldwide. Their commitment to innovation and excellence in customer service has allowed them to position themselves as leaders in their sector and the preferred choice for metalworking companies around the world.
This new business configuration has resulted in organisational changes in their IT and Software Development department. It has become increasingly important for the different development and support groups to have communication and information channels that provide effective responses to their clients in the company's various international locations.
Therefore, in order to prevent customers from receiving different treatment based on their geographic location, it became necessary to move from the initial scenario, in which new needs, requirements, and subsequent maintenance of their products were carried out differently in each country, to a coordinated and homogeneous level of attention in all company locations.
Centralising support activity for all company locations in a single solution
Obtaining a global view of dedication to each client
Integrating support and development areas
Improving access to information for actors and users
Making the activity of the groups visible internationally
Our specialised consultants carried out a comprehensive study of Lantek's needs, after which the implementation of an ITSM management platform with a set of applications was proposed. Taking advantage of its integration capabilities, the platform was intended to allow communication between all work groups.
An Atlassian-based platform was selected:
- Jira Software, as the ideal environment for collecting change requests in the code and tracking these tasks.
- Jira Service Management, to provide the centralised point of communication with customers for incident and request registration.
- Confluence, integrated with the rest of the Atlassian applications, provides a knowledge database and useful information for agents and customers.
- Insight, as the configuration database that collects information from the portfolio of customers, products, licenses, etc., and incorporates it into tickets to facilitate support and maintenance tasks.
Additionally, the suite of Atlassian products was proposed as the best option to allow the integration of important external tools such as the customer database.
A phased implementation of the platform was proposed, starting with an initial launch in a local support area, followed by a staged rollout at the international level.
The customised proposal that we implemented at Izertis for Lantek allowed us to achieve the following benefits:
- Improve visibility and transparency of all activities carried out in the support and development areas.
- Provide real-time information on the status of each contract, license and software, both nationally and internationally.
- Allow tracking of all support and development activity in a single environment, facilitating the management and tracking of cases in the international environment in particular.
- Establish communication mechanisms between development, support, and maintenance teams, reducing support times and improving communication with end customers.
- Also, provide objective information on the dedication of each agent to each request with the necessary granularity: dedication to a specific case, for requested development or support for a specific incident or request for each customer.
- Integrate the new ITSM platform with business data collected in the corporate CRM, providing relevant information in real-time for different teams (such as contract identification, licenses, software, and their status), allowing us to rationalise the level of support offered to each customer based on their contractual level.