To address this project and to be able to monitor and control the Digital Banking Program, it was decided to implement the IT PMO figure with the aim of establishing the Project Management Office (PMO) within the IT area in the Digital Banking Program.
The role of the IT PMO is fundamentally to train, advise and provide management tools to the teams that make up the Digital Banking Program, ensuring its transparency and success.
This allows the deployment of indicators, metrics and reports in each project that contribute to transferring the status to the Management and the work teams.
For this, four main lines of work have been proposed:
Interlocution with Project Management-Heads
• Role of coordinator of IT heads of project program, portfolio and Senior Management.
Management of the Digital Banking program
• Risk management and IT problems
• Analysis of dependencies on other projects and HR management
• Budget control and management
• Metrics and indicators of the evolution of the project in all areas
Coordination Methodological Deliverables
• Guarantee that all the documentation of the project life cycle is delivered in terms and forms in accordance with the templates and requirements defined by the company.
• Organization and support of the different follow-up meetings with Senior Management, Management of the project areas, Technical Project Team and Suppliers.
In each of these sections, the IT PMO contributed the following points to the Digital Banking program that optimized the implementation of the IT project office:
• Expertise to Management in Management of Large Digital Transformation projects
• Control of the document manager of all the steerings and committees that make up the governance of the program
• Preparation and coordination of presentations for all hierarchical levels
• Monitoring of the different workstreams of the project, dates, milestones and mitigating plans
• Optimization of monitoring reports and metrics to add value to the information
• Control of expenses incurred monthly against initial estimates of the budget
• Promotion of communication between teams