UCB Pharma sought to publicize that its product Zyrtec, a medicament used to treat allergies, could be purchased in pharmacies and parapharmacies in Portugal without the need for a prescription. This new OTC medicine condition had to be communicated to pharmacies and patients, as well as its new presentation in boxes of 20 and 7 tablets.
Defining and implement the branding strategy
Increasing the visibility, positioning and notoriety of the brand in the digital environment
Including advertising materials in the largest number of pharmacies in Portugal
Taking into account the objectives of the project, various actions were developed, which we continue to work on and expand today:
- Definition of the creativity and key messages of the campaign, together with the global design of its graphic line, including that of all offline POS materials (Point of Sale Advertising) and merchandising for pharmacies.
- Design of a complete website with information related to allergy, its symptoms, prevention and care, which has a blog section with practical advice and all the information related to the medicament.
- Definition of a communication strategy, adjusted to an editorial and content plan, which continuously feeds the blog with current specialized posts and information of interest, along with other graphic materials, such as infographics, downloadable guides for patients, and videos hosted on their own YouTube channel.
- Creation of advertising campaigns during the months with the highest incidence of allergy to increase the visibility and reputation of the brand in the digital environment. Advertising actions have also been extended to the offline environment, creating advertisements for magazines aimed at the pharmaceutical sector.
- Creation and management of Social Media channels: Facebook and Instagram to strengthen the digital presence of the brand and enhance trust and knowledge for the consumer.
Both the visibility and the reputation of the brand have been increased in these years since its launch. We can highlight the following info:
- The Web has an average of 40,000 visits per month
- The channels in social media grow continuously. More than 28.000 followers have been generated on the Facebook profile
- 969 pharmacies in Portugal have had Zyrtec advertising (POS and merchandising)