Since its inception, Fundación EDE, an entity with social purposes, required a tool that would allow connecting and integrating all the people who were part of the organization, promoting interaction and communication. They started from several problems that can be divided into three main blocks:
-First of all, people and user experience. Users' dissatisfaction with the platform they already used stood out, as it was not very intuitive and complex.
-Second, the technological environment on which the platform was based limited its functionality and evolution.
Place the employee as the central axis of the project.
Centralize communication and interaction in a single channel.
Create a Digital Workspace based on user experience.
A work methodology was established with the EDE Foundation that included consulting to implement the Izertis Digital Workspace solution, customizing functionalities and testing them.
To do this, the problem that Fundación EDE was starting with was analyzed, along with the characteristics of our solution, and then raised those that were more in line with the operation and with the objectives that Fundación EDE wanted to achieve with the project.
Improvements and new functionalities would be incorporated into this solution on a recurring basis. In this way, the solution could evolve at the rate that the organization does, something that facilitates the fact that our Digital Workspace is developed with Liferay technology.
A scalable, agile solution was presented, which simplifies the day-to-day of the organization in terms of document management, corporate procedures, collaborative processes, communication actions and interaction between employees.
We can group the benefits that Fundación EDE has obtained with this project based on five blocks:
- Centralization and simplification of all the management of administrative procedures associated with the organization's staff, including: payroll, vacations, request for expenses, consultation of employees on vacation or with active permissions.
- Talent management, centralizing in a single repository all the people with their updated skills, abilities or CVs. That is, a database that is dynamically updated and in which new applications are automatically generated that arrive from various sources such as the Fundación EDE website itself.
- Socialization and interaction between employees. Now all employees can put on their own faces without having to be in the same location and interact, giving dynamism to the organizational culture. For this, forums, wikis or surveys have been deployed with the aim of creating a collaborative culture and fostering interaction between employees.
- Knowledge management, where the Foundation's academic secretariat plays an important role and in which all internal and external training activities will be centralized, as well as certifications and procedures with students.
- Corporate information, so that all employees know where the organization is and where it wants to evolve. This section is where elements such as news, events, success stories of the organization, the culture of the company, its objectives or its most strategic projects are collected.
Thanks to the combination of all these elements, which interact with the employees so that they can see first-hand the things that are happening in the organization and interact with their colleagues, we can say that Fundación EDE has successfully adopted the Digital Workplace model.