Backend developer (Java/Spring) - Brussels
Are you passionate about challenges? Izertis is your company.
We are looking for a DEV Engineer - Backend Developer (Java / Spring) for one of our clients, in Brussels.
We are looking for a skilled Backend Developer to join a team composed of internals and externals. You'd work in an Agile squad as a Lead Developer, where you’ll be responsible of Dev and Ops activities by:
- Translating requirements into high quality code.
- Designing, building, and maintaining high performance, reusable, and reliable applications, in Java and Spring Framework.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ship new features.
- Working with outside data sources and APIs.
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Applying development best practices to ensure the quality of your code.
- Identifying and correcting bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Being involved in the Ops activities (set up of CI/CD pipelines).
- Fluency in English; Dutch and/or French are an advantage.
- Open to a hybrid work model.
- Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- You are a "Software Craftsman" who sees software development as a craft.
- You know the principles of clean code and apply them effectively: Understanding of the OO principles, DDD, design patterns and best practices such as SOLID principles; you write readable code and do refactoring where necessary; you are familiar with Test Driven Development (TDD), and have practical experience with it.
- Proven knowledge of Java, Spring, Maven, Postgres DB.
- Proven knowledge of Restful API’s with swagger (yaml).
- Proven Knowledge of VCS (Git).
- Proven Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment principles (Jenkins or alternative).
- Proven Knowledge of SAST (such as SonarQube, Fortify, NexusIQ or alternative).
- Knowledge of Docker, Container and Groovy.
- You participate in API automation testing because you consider it part of your development activities.
- You have practical experince with Scrum and an Agile mindset: with a positive attitude and pragmatism; thirst for knowledge, learning and adapting; goal of team success; you understand there is no failure, only feedback.
- While you actively share your knowledge with other developers (practices, technical, …), you also suggest improvements to the other squad members. You are constantly trying to improve the way of working of the squad.
- You are someone who easily adapt and bond with new colleagues.
- You dare to challenge the requirements you receive based on your expertise.
Check if you have the DNA we are looking for at: https://www.izertis.com/pt/adn-izertis
Apply and present us your challenges and professional goals!