Cookies are small files that webpages store in the user’s browser. They are necessary to provide uncountable advantages while browsing a web through interactive services. These files allow the storage in the user’s device of data quantities that range from a few kilobytes to several Megabytes.
The following information of the possible types of cookies will help you understand and value better our cookies policy:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that stay in your equipment until you leave the webpage you are using, so that it is not registered in the user’s disk. The information obtained through these cookies serves to make the operative management possible with each of the users that is accessing the webpage simultaneously.
- Persistent cookies: these are cookies that are kept in the cookies space of your disk once you have left the webpage, and they will be used by such a webpage the next time you return to it, with the purpose of remembering the information that facilitates the web browsing (example: accessing the service directly without logging in) or providing a commercial service (example: offering those products or services related to previous visits).
Cookies interchanged when browsing a Website can be:
- First-party cookies: these are generated directly by the Webpage that is being visited.
- Third-party cookies: these are received when browsing that webpage, but which have been generated by a third-party service that is hosted there. An example can be the cookie used by an advertisement or a banner that is located on the webpage we are visiting. Another example can be the cookie used by a counter of visitors contracted by the webpage we are visiting.
Cookies can be used with different purposes:
- Technical purposes: They allow the user to browse a webpage, platform or application and the use of the existing different options or services, for example, controlling the data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted parts, remembering the elements of an order, doing the purchasing process, performing an event registration or participation request, using elements of security during the web browsing, storing contents for the distribution of videos or sound or sharing contents through social networks.
- Customization purposes: They allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics that are predefined according to a group of criteria in the user’s device, for example, language, type of browser, regional configuration, etc.
- Analysis or performance: They allow their person responsible to track and analyze the behavior of the users of the related websites. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of these websites, application or platform and to elaborate user browsing profiles of such sites, applications and platforms, with the objective to introduce improvements in the analytic function of the data of use that the users do with the service.
- Advertisement: They allow the management of ad spaces that the editor includes on a website, application or platform in the most efficient way, from where it provides the requested service according to characteristics such as the edited contentor the frequency in which these ads are shown.
- 5. Behavioral advertisement: They allow the management of ad spaces that the editor includes on a website, application or platform in the most efficient way, from where it provides the requested service. These cookies store information about the behavior of users obtained through the progressive observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to show ads.
The cookies we use on www.izertis.com are first-party cookies for the following uses:
- Analysis or performance
- GUEST_LANGUAGE_ID:It stores the language used on the user’s browser through the webpage.
- JSESSIONID: It contains the session data that distinguishes one visitor from another. If you deactivate this cookie, our website cannot work properly.
IZERTIS on Facebook.
- datr Facebook before the problems of identifying fraudulent users. They use a security system called Delta that checks whether a user’s account is being used illegally by a third-party.
- reg_fb_gate contains the first page of Facebook the browser visited.
- reg_fb_ref: : It contains the last page of Facebook that was visited.
IZERTIS on Twitter.
- guest_id of a user’s account or guest account of Twitter. They expire between one and two weeks.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz utmzThey belong to the service of web analytics of Google analytics to monitor howthe users interact with our system.
- original_referer: They are used to know what ads are more important and interesting for a user. They also count the number of times a user sees and ad. Generally, they are distributed around the ad networks with the consent of the original website. They provideinformation about the websites they visited by sharing information with ad organizations.
- _twitter_sess: : It stores Twitter session data.
IZERTIS on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn uses two types of cookies: permanent and session cookies. A permanent cookie is stored when you access your LinkedIn account. The next time you visit the LinkedInwebsite with the same device, the permanent cookie will identify you as a user, so you won’t have to login again to use our services. A session cookie is used to identify a specific visit to the LinkedIn website. Session cookies expire soon or when you close your web browser. They can be used in other technologies like Adobe Flash to store the functional equivalent of a cookie in your computer.
IZERTIS on Foursquare.
IZERTIS on Google+
- NID: A single identifier used by Google applications to store user preferences on izertis.com
- OTZ: Used for web analytics of google and the G+ button
- test_cookie: Double Click Service in charge of managing the third-party cookies. Third-party cookies are used to provide users with relevant products that may be of their interest.
- PREF: It helps to customize the ads that are shown on Google services like the search, especially when you have not logged into your Google account.
Eliminación de Cookies
If you want to eliminate the registered cookies by Izertis from your browser, here you have the instructions to do it according to the different existing browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Others: Generally, to eliminate cookies from your browser, you have to go to the Preferences or Settings menu of the web browser and look for the Privacy section. There you will find options to manage your cookies and other storage data by the websites you visit, as well as set the configuration for your web browser when treating cookies.